Imagine yourself watching the sunset after a perfect day of fishing. The bass were biting and fighting, but you were able to pull in your limit. You just pulled your boat into the dock a little bit ago, and walked up to your northwoods cabin right on the shore of beautiful Pelican Lake in Orr, MN with your catch. You settle in to fry up your dinner while the kids play on Fort Wilderness and a breeze comes in off the lake.
This is Northwoods living, within the Kabetogama State Forest, right on the edge of the Superior National Forest and at the gateway to Voyageurs National Park and the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. At Island View Resort, you’ll love staying in one of our historic or newer log cabins for the true Northwoods feel, whether you’re on a fishing trip with the crew or taking a well-deserved vacation with your family.
Our 13 cabins are spread out across 14 acres of meticulously maintained lakeshore, and sit on the highest point on the lake on a unique peninsula, offering a panoramic view.
Each fastidiously clean cabin features a grill for turning your latest catch into a delicious meal, along with a deck for enjoying a series of sunsets throughout your time at Island View Resort. And for those family members who would prefer to spend some time inside, many cabins come with air conditioning!
Let’s take a look at where you’ll be staying once you book your rental cabin. Check weekly rates and seasonal discounts here. Traditionally cabins are rented Saturday-Saturday, however, we welcome shorter stays based on availability.
- Hillcrest Cabin – One of our largest cabins, the Hillcrest cabin was built in 1998 and can hold 10 guests. Whether you’ve invited the whole family or a large group of friends, the vaulted ceilings and beauty of the Hillcrest will make the entire crew feel welcome. The cabin faces the lake to the southwest.
- Maple Cabin – Our other largest cabin, the Maple cabin, was built during the original construction of the resort in 1937 and holds 10 guests. With a wrap-around deck, enjoying the outdoors will be the easiest thing you do all summer. This is one of the closest cabins to the docks, but is set back from the lake a little. The cabin faces the lake to the southwest.
- Balsam Cabin – The Balsam cabin, and all of our 3-bedroom cabins, are original cabins from 1937. This cabin holds 7 guests and faces the lake to the southwest.
- Basswood Cabin – The Basswood cabin comfortably holds 7 guests who will love this knotty pine cabin. The cabin faces the lake to the southwest.
- Birch Cabin – The Birch cabin holds 8 guests and sits just feet from the lakeshore. This cabin faces the lake to the southwest, and is just south of the main lodge.
- Cedar Cabin – The newly remodeled Cedar cabin holds 7 guests. This is one of the closest cabins to the docks and faces the lake to the southwest from a beautiful deck.
- Black Spruce Cabin – The Black Spruce cabin holds 5 guests. It was built in the late 1960s and remodeled in 2005. This is one of the closest cabins to the docks, faces the lake to the south and features patio doors onto your deck.
- White Spruce Cabin – The White Spruce cabin holds 5 guests and was built in the late 1960s. This cabin features a view of the docks from your deck and faces the lake to the south.
- Jack Pine Cabin – The Jack Pine cabin holds 5 guests and is among the original cabins built here in 1937. The cabin faces the lake to the northwest.
- Oaks Cabin – The Oaks cabin holds 6 guests and is our newest cabin, built in 2001. With vaulted ceilings and a fireplace, you’ll love your stay. This cabin faces the lake to the north.
- Red Pine Cabin – The Red Pine holds 5 guests and is among the original cabins built here. This cabin faces the lake to the northwest, and is just northeast of the main lodge.
- White Pine Cabin – The White Pine cabin holds 5 guests and was built in 1937. This cabin faces the lake to the northwest right at the point of the peninsula, and is just northeast of the main lodge.
- Tamarack Cabin – Our only 1-bedroom cabin is the Tamarack cabin. It holds 2 guests and was built in 1937. This cabin is set back from the lakeshore, but is fairly close to the main lodge. You’ll find it a cozy cabin for a nice getaway.